XL 4004 SFP OEB 3
SINGLE FUNCTION PLATFORM
The XL 4004 SFP OEB 3 is an innovative rotary press for the medium containment segment for processing highly active but not highly toxic ingredients. The machine provides the necessary degree of protection at a high level of operator convenience.
Compared to a standard press, the OEB 3 safety measures include :
- Additional sealing measures at critical points: compression chamber casing windows with additional locking mechanisms and all connectors, like the discharge chute or the connection to the deduster, in enclosed design with tri-clamps. Where an operator needs to intervene in the compression zone during production, extra glove ports can be installed if requested by the customer.
- Supply air from the production space sucked into the machine in a controlled manner via a HEPA filter.
- Negative pressure in the compression zone generated via the dust extraction ventilator and the adjustable valve in the supply air pathway.
Integrated Electrical Cabinet
Extremely long filling length
Compression Dwell Bar
Food & Confectionary Applications
The machine complies with the highest standard in GMP- and all valid FDA-regulations. Each machine can be configured to meet specific customer needs like:
- Special shape tablets
- Ring Formats tablets(center pin)
- Chewing Gum Tablets
The 4th Generation
The XL 400_4 offers a new level of innovation and advancement, while maintaining the flexibility that is the hallmark of the XL 400 design. Smarter and featuring a complete new control system interface the machine offers an intuitive operating experience. The integration of the electrical cabinet, a sealed machine design without cooling fans or vents, and the use of an advanced torque drive enhance the proven design of the XL 400 platform.
The XL 4004 design offers a single-layer only (SFP), and a flexible single and multi-layer (MFP) capability in two machine models that share a common platform, and fully interchangeable components. Further advantages are the identical control systems and HMI environment, process equivalent design for direct product transfer or the common procedures for setup, changeover, and turret exchange between both machines.
The innovative carrier plate design of the XL 400 eliminates the traditional corner columns and offers extreme access to the compression zone. The combination of smooth surfaces and quick-disconnects permit fast cleaning and changeover. The routing of the dust extraction hoses through a dedicated chamber contributes to the great serviceability of the XL 400_4.
Streamlined Turret exchange and Product Changeover
The turret design permits the removal of the complete turret, cam tracks, and press tools. A lightweight lifting arm is mounted on the internal lift device and the turret is staged for removal. A simple push-button triggers a safe, effortless, and semiautomatic turret removal sequence to place the turret on the transport cart.
The control system interface provides an intuitive operating environment and Smart-Touch HMI, which permits move, zoom, and scroll gestures. Available in a Siemens and Allen-Bradley PLC platform, the common HMI environment offers a comprehensive onboard help capability, which includes a vast array of multi-media help files to present procedures and to support the operation and maintenance.
Minimal Noise and Vibration
The unique and patented design of the carrier plate, with dampers, fully isolates vibration from the head piece and machine base. The result is:
- Very low noise emission < 80 dB(A)
- No vibration transmission to the floor of the compression room
- No segregation of powder in the feeding system wich can occur with machine vibration
VERSIONS: XL 4004
All machines offered in a high-containment execution are also offered in a standard version. All the expertise acquired for containment technology can also be applied to our standard machines, in terms of dust tightness, contamination control, service access, and cleanability.